Pesto and White Bean Bruschetta
- Pine nuts - 2 Tbsp, sub walnuts
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 1 oz
- Basil, fresh - 1 1/2 oz
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, medium - 2, diced
- Baguette - 1, sliced
- Beans, cannellini (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed (sub any white beans)
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves, peeled
- Basil pesto (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Asparagus - 10 oz, trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Make pesto - (This makes enough for 2 nights. If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Toast nuts in a dry skillet or frying pan until fragrant and golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Peel garlic cloves (portion for pesto). Place nuts, garlic, parmesan cheese (if using), basil leaves, and lemon juice (portion for pesto) in a food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are well chopped. With food processor running, drizzle in olive oil (portion for pesto) until smooth. (Add some additional olive oil if needed to help everything blend.) Season to taste with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Asparagus - Trim asparagus. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Chop tomatoes. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Baguette - Slice baguette into 1" / 2.5 cm slices.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Spread asparagus out on a sheet pan and toss with cooking oil. Season with some salt and pepper. Roast until asparagus is tender, 12 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness of spears).
- Spread baguette slices out on a second sheet pan. Brush the tops with olive oil (portion for bruschetta). Peel garlic cloves (portion for bruschetta) and rub the top of each baguette slice with garlic (this will give the bread a subtle garlic flavor). Transfer baguette to oven and roast until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- While baguette is toasting, combine portion of pesto for bruschetta (reserve remaining pesto for Wednesday) with tomatoes, and beans. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lemon juice (portion for asparagus) over asparagus.
- Spoon bean and tomato topping over baguette slices. Serve with asparagus on the side. Enjoy!
Well, I'm giving this meal a full 5 stars because I can't stand salmon, never cook it and was able to cook this meal for my husband and I and we both enjoyed it. As someone who does eat salmon, he said the salmon was perfectly cooked. For me, the pesto butter made the dish and I can't wait to use the homemade pesto tomorrow on the portobello pizzas.0 Helpful
Wow that pesto butter was delicious. Grilled the salmon and asparagus.0 Helpful
This was delicious. I didn't have quinoa in the house so I used GF pasta instead for the side. Kid tested partner approved!0 Helpful
First time cooking salmon and it turned out great! The butter pesto was amazing!0 Helpful
Easy, simple salmon dish with so much flavor from that pesto butter! The only thing I would change is that I would bake the asparagus rather than pan fry.0 Helpful
Pesto butter was awesome. We really enjoyed this meal0 Helpful