Sausage and Bell Pepper Saute
- Broccoli - 10 oz, florets chopped
- Bell peppers, any color - 2, chopped
- Onions, medium red - 1, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Sausage, Italian pre-cooked or smoked - 4 links, sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Cajun seasoning - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and then sausage, peppers, onions, and broccoli.
- Saute until sausage is starting to brown and vegetables are tender, ~6 minutes. (If you'd like the broccoli more tender, add a splash of water and cover the pan for 2 minutes to steam it.)
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, and Cajun seasoning and saute for 1 minute more.
- Serve sausage and vegetable saute with lemon juice squeezed over top. Enjoy!
Good fast meal. Definitely needs the butter/garlic/seasoning on the bread. Made the whole sandwich. Skipped the broccoli0 Helpful
Super easy and the kids loved it. I skipped the bread and served it fajita style. I made it even easier by using canned roasted bell peppers.0 Helpful
Was very filling. Had enough filling for leftovers but not enough bread to make it a sandwich, so just ate that as a bowl meal. And it was every bit as tasty. Would probably make it as a bowl meal or maybe a fajita style to avoid all the extra hoagie roll related calories. Broccoli was fine - not our favorite way to make it.0 Helpful
Delicious! I love the hoagies and I even love the broccoli.0 Helpful
Really delicious - the garlic butter was such a nice touch. I used chicken sausage to lighten this up a bit, and ended up getting rolls that were more like hamburger buns than hoagie rolls because they were way lower in calories.0 Helpful
So delicious! Really most of this could be made ahead. Everyone liked it. We grilled fresh sausage ahead and subbed zucchini for the broccoli. Cajun seasoning was a little spicy. Maybe use Old Bay for the young kids next time.0 Helpful