with maple roasted carrots / simple green salad
A quick and flavorful crust gives this baked chicken flavor and helps it to remain tender during cooking.
Smarts: Rosemary can be tough, so be sure to chop it very finely before adding it to the recipe.
- Rosemary, fresh - 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, halved
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Carrots - 1 1/2 lbs, sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Lettuce, butterhead - 8 oz, leaves torn (sub any salad greens)
- Black pepper - to taste
- Carrots / Rosemary - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed (make sure rosemary is very finely chopped to avoid having large pieces coating the chicken). Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey (portions for salad). Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken - Slice in half. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and then flatten with a meat tenderizer, until about 1/2” / 1.3 cm thick. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Lemons - Slice into wedges.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C. Set out two sheet pans.
- Toss carrots with cooking oil and maple syrup. Spread out onto the first sheet pan. Season with some salt and pepper. Roast until tender, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While carrots roast, brush the second sheet pan with some cooking oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken on pan.
- Melt butter in the microwave. Whisk in mustard and honey (portions for chicken). Add rosemary and panko.
- Spoon panko mixture over chicken, gently pressing it down so that it forms a crust. Bake chicken until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes..
- Tear butterhead lettuce leaves. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Top with black pepper.
- Serve chicken and carrots with salad on the side. Squeeze lemon wedges over the chicken and carrots. Enjoy!
Delicious! Vinaigrette needs less oil though0 Helpful
Easy & Tasty. I cooked the carrots stove top, because I'm not a fan of roasted veggies. Then, I tossed them with a bit of olive oil and maple syrup before plating. LOVE the salad!!!0 Helpful
Whole family liked this, made the chicken & salad, did not do the maple carrots but added shred carrots to salad. Husband liked rosemary breading a lot.0 Helpful
my daughter requested this again the next day and wanted to help me make it0 Helpful
It was perfect --- easy, tasty, well liked by all.0 Helpful
accidentally defrosted thighs instead of breasts, but it was still great. i cooked it at 375 with convection and the breading crisped up nicely.0 Helpful