Pasta Primaverawith asparagus / tomatoes / broccoli / white beans
Pasta Primavera is positively packed with vegetables and served in a light sauce made with cream and fresh tomatoes.
Smarts: Thin strands of angel hair pasta are a great fit for this recipe, but they cook fast. Be sure to check the package for the recommended cook time and watch the pasta closely.
- Broccoli florets - 8 oz, chopped
- Asparagus - 10 spears, trimmed and cut into 1” / 2.5 cm pieces
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Cheese, parmesan - 4 oz, grated
- Tomatoes, roma - 4, chopped
- Peas, fresh or frozen - 1/2 cup
- Beans, any white (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Pasta, angel hair - 8 oz (sub spaghetti)
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/4 cup
- Heavy cream - 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Broccoli / Asparagus / Garlic / Cheese - (If prepping right before cooking, get a Dutch oven of water boiling before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed. Combine broccoli and asparagus in one container. Store garlic and cheese in their own separate containers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Chop tomatoes. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Peas - If using frozen peas, defrost in the microwave. If using fresh peas, place in a microwave-safe bowl and add 2 Tbsp / 30 mL water. Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave until peas are bright green, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain off water.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Fill a Dutch oven with salted water. Bring to a boil.
- When water is boiling add pasta and cook according to package directions. Add broccoli and asparagus in the last 2 minutes of cooking. (Note: Angel hair cooks in 2 to 4 minutes, so be sure the vegetables are ready to add shortly after the pasta goes in.)
- Drain pasta and vegetables and set aside.
- Return pan to medium heat.
- Add butter and then garlic and tomatoes to melted butter. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add stock and cream and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in parmesan, peas, beans, and pasta with vegetables. Use tongs to toss everything together.
- Squeeze lemon juice over pasta and season with some salt and pepper. Enjoy!
This meal has 57 reviews
I love a fast and easy pasta dish, especially one packed with veggies. Added extra lemon and pepper to punch up the flavor a bit.
I'm a big fan of this dish. I love home-made alfredo sauce and this is a simple way to do it. Asparagus is a great vegetable choice here, although I'm not sure the beans add much.
It was good but kind of bland. Needed more seasoning.
Yummy but I added chicken for a little more something. Also used half and half because that is what I had in the house. I didn't use very much. I had never used egg over pasta and it was satisfying.
Fresh and satisfying!... but a little bland. We had to add salt and pepper at the end.