Quinoa Fried Ricewith ground pork / fried egg / Sriracha mayo
Quinoa gives this spin on fried "rice" a healthier twist and ensures the dish is packed with protein-rich ingredients.
Smarts: To keep prep time down, we're using frozen vegetables and baby spinach in the dish, but feel free to sub any vegetables you'd like. If using raw vegetables, just be sure to saute them until tender.
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 tsp
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts separate
- Peas and carrots, frozen - 10 oz
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp
- Pork, ground - 1 lb
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Leftover cooked quinoa (from Wednesday) - ~2 cups
- Eggs - 4
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 4 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 1/2 tsp, more or less, to taste
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Make stir-fry sauce - Chop garlic. Combine garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and vinegar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make Sriracha mayo - Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, and lime juice (portion for Sriracha mayo). Taste and add more Sriracha if you’d like it spicier. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions, separating green and white parts. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Peas and carrots - Defrost frozen vegetables in the microwave.
- Heat a wok with first part of cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add pork, white parts of green onions, coriander, and a pinch of salt and saute until pork is nearly cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add peas, carrots, and spinach to pork and continue to saute until spinach is wilted, ~2 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and stir-fry sauce and saute for 1 minute more. Set quinoa aside, covered.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add second part of cooking oil and then crack eggs into heated oil. Cook eggs on one side until whites are set and yolks are still a bit runny, 4 to 6 minutes. (If you’d like the eggs more cooked, flip and cook on the other side.)
- Stir lime juice (portion for quinoa) into quinoa. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Divide quinoa between serving plates / bowls. Top each serving with a fried egg and green parts of green onions. Serve with Sriracha mayo. Enjoy!
This meal has 32 reviews
Pretty good! Nothing too noteworthy.
A little bland but easy and something new.
I really liked this dish, but would double the garlic-soy sauce next time.
Really liked this one!!
Doubled sauces and enjoyed thoroughly!
Super easy and healthy. Must doubled the sauce and Sriracha mayo!