Greek Chickpea Quinoa Bowls
with olives / bell peppers / creamy lemon dill sauce / pine nuts
Greek Chickpea Quinoa Bowls:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz , chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , chopped
- Onions, medium and red - 1 , chopped
- Olives, pitted green or Kalamata - 1/4 cup , sliced
- Dill - 1 tsp , chopped
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Pine nuts - 2 Tbsp (sub any nuts)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cooked quinoa (ingredients listed separately) - ~2 cups
Quinoa (x2 nights):
- Quinoa, uncooked - 1 1/3 cups
- Stock, any type - 2 2/3 cups
Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce:
- Dill - 1 tsp , chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Sour cream - 1/2 cup
- Make quinoa - (This makes enough for 2 nights.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Garlic / Broccoli / Bell peppers / Onions / Olives - Prep as directed. Combine peppers and onions. Store other ingredients separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Dill (for chickpea bowls and dressing) - Chop dill. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make creamy lemon dill sauce - Combine dill, lemon juice (portions for dressing), honey, and sour cream. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Beans - Drain and rinse beans. Combine with dill (portion for chickpea bowls) and oregano.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium heat. Add pine nuts and saute, stirring frequently, until golden and toasted. Set pine nuts aside and return pan to heat.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add first portion of oil. Add broccoli and saute for 1 minute. Add water and cover with a lid. Steam broccoli until tender, ~3 minutes.
- To broccoli, add bell peppers and onions. Saute until tender, ~2 minutes more. Stir in olives. Season with some salt and pepper. Set vegetables aside and return pan to heat.
- Add second portion of oil and then beans and saute until beans are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. In the last minute of cooking, add garlic. Remove from heat and squeeze lemon juice over top.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave (reserve half for Thursday).
- Assemble bowls by topping quinoa with chickpeas and vegetables. Finish bowls with creamy lemon dill sauce and pine nuts on top. Enjoy!