Greek Chicken Bowls
with cauliflower rice / olives / bell peppers / creamy lemon dressing
Greek Chicken Bowls:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz , chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , chopped
- Onions, medium and red - 1 , chopped
- Olives, pitted green or Kalamata - 1/4 cup , sliced
- Dill - 1 tsp , chopped
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb , cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Cauliflower rice (ingredients listed separately) - ~3 cups
Cauliflower Rice (x2 nights):
- Cauliflower florets - 24 oz
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
Creamy Lemon Dressing:
- Dill - 1 tsp , chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Tahini - 5 Tbsp
- Cauliflower rice - (This makes enough for 2 nights.) Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Cook rice in one of two ways: 1) Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and then fold in butter. Season with some salt and pepper; or 2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Saute cauliflower in heated butter for ~5 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Garlic / Broccoli / Bell peppers / Onions / Olives - Prep as directed. Combine peppers and onions. Store other ingredients separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Dill (for chicken bowls and dressing) - Chop dill. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Chicken - Slice chicken into cubes. Combine with first portion of oil, dill, lemon juice (portions for chicken), and oregano. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Make dressing - Combine dill, lemon juice (portions for dressing), honey, and tahini. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Drain marinade off chicken. Discard marinade. Season chicken with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet or wok with second portion of oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and saute for 1 minute. Add water and cover with a lid. Steam broccoli until tender, ~3 minutes.
- To broccoli, add bell peppers and onions. Saute until tender, ~2 minutes more. Stir in olives. Season with some salt and pepper. Set vegetables aside and return pan to heat.
- Add third portion of oil and then chicken and saute until chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. In the last minute of cooking, add garlic.
- If cauliflower rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave (reserve half for Thursday).
- Assemble bowls by topping cauliflower rice with chicken and vegetables. Finish bowls with dressing on top. Enjoy!