Greek Chicken Quinoa Bowls
with olives / bell peppers / creamy lemon dill sauce
Lemon, dill, and oregano give these healthy quinoa and chicken bowls fresh Mediterranean flair. Don't miss out on the creamy sauce that is great drizzled over top or served on the side.
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz, chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1, chopped
- Onions, medium and red - 1, chopped
- Olives, pitted green or Kalamata - 1/4 cup, sliced
- Dill - 1 tsp, chopped
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Cooked quinoa (ingredients listed separately) - ~2 cups
- Quinoa, uncooked - 1 1/3 cups
- Stock, any type - 2 2/3 cups
- Dill - 1 tsp, chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Sour cream - 1/2 cup
- Make quinoa - (This makes enough for 2 nights.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Garlic / Broccoli / Bell peppers / Onions / Olives - Prep as directed. Combine peppers and onions. Store other ingredients separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Dill (for chicken bowls and dressing) - Chop dill. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Chicken - Slice chicken into cubes. Combine with first portion of oil, dill, lemon juice (portions for chicken), and oregano. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Make creamy lemon dill sauce - Combine dill, lemon juice (portions for dressing), honey, and sour cream. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Drain marinade off chicken. Discard marinade. Season chicken with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet or wok with second portion of oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and saute for 1 minute. Add water and cover with a lid. Steam broccoli until tender, ~3 minutes.
- To broccoli, add bell peppers and onions. Saute until tender, ~2 minutes more. Stir in olives. Season with some salt and pepper. Set vegetables aside and return pan to heat.
- Add third portion of oil and then chicken and saute until chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. In the last minute of cooking, add garlic.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave (reserve half for Thursday).
- Assemble bowls by topping quinoa with chicken and vegetables. Finish bowls with creamy lemon dill sauce on top. Enjoy!
Love bowls because it allows each family member to build their own meal. This one was good. Might double the sauce next time.0 Helpful
Loved the dill sauce. Simple and easy to make.0 Helpful
It was good but not remarkable. The flavour of the chicken and veggies was bland. I think the sauce is the best part.0 Helpful
This was really good. Missed the oregano bc it’s not in the recipe instructions or I missed it somehow. I’d make the sauce w yogurt next time. Great as lunch leftovers, too.0 Helpful
This is really good. I think the sauce really makes it.0 Helpful
Subbed roasted cauliflower, carrots and onions, topped with feta cheese (but no olives). Sauce was good!0 Helpful