Bacon, Spinach, and Mushroom Frittata with balsamic arugula salad
This frittata is made with spinach and mushrooms and topped with bacon. Be sure to add the bacon to the frittata right before transfering it to the oven - the bacon will retain a bit of texture and color.
- Bacon - 8 slices, chopped
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- Spinach, any type - 5 oz, roughly chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Bacon - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing.) Chop bacon. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms / Spinach - Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and saute until crisp, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Drain off all but 1 Tbsp / 15 mL of bacon grease from the pan. Return pan to heat. Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are tender and brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and saute until spinach is wilted, ~3 minutes more.
- Pour in eggs and stir until ingredients are all mixed through. Sprinkle bacon over top of frittata.
- Transfer frittata to the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and inserted knife comes out cleanly.
- While frittata cooks, whisk together mustard, honey, and vinegar. Add oil while whisking. Toss with arugula just before serving.
- Slice frittata and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 51 reviews
The paleo version was a frittata and it was delicious!
I didn't care for this. The mushrooms were gross and the rest was bland and dry.
Meh. Not one I would remake.
Added some cheese, extra lemon zest, and some breadcrumbs!
This carbonara turned out really bland. I added some seasoning mix that we use for everyday seasoning and that helped, but it still wasn't very good. If I try making this again, I'll probably leave in more of the bacon grease and add some garlic.
I was super excited for this one. I think the consistency of the sauce turned out like it was supposed to but overall it tasted super bland (except for a hint of lemon)?