Chimichurri Shrimp Saute
with zucchini / avocados / tomatoes
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Zucchini - 16 oz, cubed
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Avocados - 1, chopped
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1/2 tsp
- Chimichurri (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallots - 1 clove
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/3 cup
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp.
- Make spice mix - Combine cumin, coriander, chili powder, and salt (portion for shrimp). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make chimichurri sauce - (Skip if sauce was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, shallots, capers, vinegar, lime juice, salt, and oil (portions for chimichurri) in a blender or a food processor. Add more oil if it’s too thick. Season to taste with salt or more lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Jalapenos - Prep as directed and store separately. (Remove seeds from jalapenos if you prefer less spice.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Avocados / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat a wok with oil (portion for saute) over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and saute until nearly tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, jalapenos, and spice mix and saute until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes more. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Top shrimp and zucchini with tomatoes and avocados. Squeeze lime juice (portion for saute) over top. Finish with chimichurri. Enjoy!
This is one of my favorite cooksmarts meals! It was delicious.0 Helpful
DELICIOUS!! Eliminated the cilantro (preference), added more shallots in with the shrimp to cook, and chopped the shrimp. With alteration to the oil amounts, using corn tortillas, this recipe was a delicious 11 WW points!! Definitely going to make this one again!0 Helpful
We liked these, but definitely needed more spice and some seasonings for the corn and bean salsa. We made leftovers into rice bowls and they were very good also.0 Helpful
Very good and easy!0 Helpful
So good!0 Helpful
Wow! These are fantastic! Think we are going to blacken the shrimp next time. But this is an instant fav. The chimichurri is excellent.0 Helpful