Breakfast Tacos with Chimichurri
and avocados / corn and black bean salsa
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Chimichurri (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Corn, frozen or canned - 1 1/2 cups
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallots - 1 clove
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/3 cup
- Make chimichurri sauce - (Skip if sauce was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, shallots, capers, vinegar, lime juice (portion for chimichurri), salt, and oil (portion for chimichurri) in a blender or a food processor. Add more oil if it’s too thick. Season to taste with salt or more lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Jalapenos - Dice jalapenos. (Remove seeds if you prefer less spice.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Corn - Defrost if using frozen. Drain and rinse if using canned.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Avocados - Slice avocados.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Combine jalapenos, corn, beans, and lime juice (portion for salsa) in a serving bowl. Season with some salt and pepper. Add some extra lime juice if you’d like.
- Heat a nonstick pan with oil (portion for tacos) over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble until cooked to your liking. In the last minute of cooking, season with some salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with eggs, avocados, salsa, and chimichurri. Serve any extra salsa on the side. Enjoy!
Simple and tasty. I really liked the chimichurri sauce. Made the sauce during prep which made this a super quick dish to throw together during a busy week.0 Helpful
5 stars the first time I made it and 5 stars again. That sauce is just so good. I also increased the spices on the shrimp, as usual, and it was perfect.0 Helpful
I would put this chimichurri sauce on everything.0 Helpful
Very quick and delicious. I think I’d probably skip the corn and bean salsa—it didn’t really add anything special to the dish.0 Helpful
Another winner! Love the chimichurri sauce and spices! Used frozen corn. Easy weeknight dinner, especially since chimichurri was already done!0 Helpful
Chimichurri! Simple easy and delicious!0 Helpful