Breakfast Tacos with Chimichurri
and avocados / corn and black bean salsa
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Chimichurri (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Corn, frozen or canned - 1 1/2 cups
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallots - 1 clove
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/3 cup
- Make chimichurri sauce - (Skip if sauce was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, shallots, capers, vinegar, lime juice (portion for chimichurri), salt, and oil (portion for chimichurri) in a blender or a food processor. Add more oil if it’s too thick. Season to taste with salt or more lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Jalapenos - Dice jalapenos. (Remove seeds if you prefer less spice.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Corn - Defrost if using frozen. Drain and rinse if using canned.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Avocados - Slice avocados.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Combine jalapenos, corn, beans, and lime juice (portion for salsa) in a serving bowl. Season with some salt and pepper. Add some extra lime juice if you’d like.
- Heat a nonstick pan with oil (portion for tacos) over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble until cooked to your liking. In the last minute of cooking, season with some salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with eggs, avocados, salsa, and chimichurri. Serve any extra salsa on the side. Enjoy!
So good! Super quick meal for the end of the week which was much appreciated! I threw in the extra roasted bell pepper from the other night with the salsa too, it was really good all together.0 Helpful
Delish and so fast if you make the sauce in advance.0 Helpful
This was so easy to throw together. The chimichurri sauce had thickened up quite a bit in the fridge (I made it Monday) but once it got to room temperature it thinned out enough to drizzle on without adding more oil.0 Helpful
really quick and delicious! Would make again, definitely increased the amount of spice on the shrimp.0 Helpful
Skipped chopping for Chimichurri sauce and threw it all in the blender. Turned out great and very easy as a result. Very few dishes which is always a plus. Lots of flavor0 Helpful
The chimichurri loses a lot of flavor when prepped in advance. Overall tasty though.0 Helpful