Breakfast Tacos with Chimichurri
and avocados / corn and black bean salsa
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Chimichurri (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Corn, frozen or canned - 1 1/2 cups
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallots - 1 clove
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/3 cup
- Make chimichurri sauce - (Skip if sauce was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, shallots, capers, vinegar, lime juice (portion for chimichurri), salt, and oil (portion for chimichurri) in a blender or a food processor. Add more oil if it’s too thick. Season to taste with salt or more lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Jalapenos - Dice jalapenos. (Remove seeds if you prefer less spice.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Corn - Defrost if using frozen. Drain and rinse if using canned.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Avocados - Slice avocados.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Combine jalapenos, corn, beans, and lime juice (portion for salsa) in a serving bowl. Season with some salt and pepper. Add some extra lime juice if you’d like.
- Heat a nonstick pan with oil (portion for tacos) over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble until cooked to your liking. In the last minute of cooking, season with some salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with eggs, avocados, salsa, and chimichurri. Serve any extra salsa on the side. Enjoy!
This was quick and tasty. Turned the leftover into a bowl of stuff.0 Helpful
We made rice bowls with the ingredients instead of tacos. Very tasty, love the chimichurri sauce.0 Helpful
Quick and tasty (since we made the chimichuri sauce during meal prep)0 Helpful
So quick and so delicious!0 Helpful
Very quick to make and the chimichurri sauce was sooooo goooood. Next time I might just use romaine hearts as taco holders and make the original recipe. The zucchini was good but I had to separate them to make them into romaine tacos.0 Helpful
I don't know what it is about this recipe that I don't care for. The salsa was too basic and there wasn't enough spice on the shrimp. Plus whenever I took a bite, I got a whiff of something not as pleasant which made eating it even worse. Won't be making this again.0 Helpful