Chimichurri Shrimp Saute
with zucchini / avocados / tomatoes
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Zucchini - 16 oz, cubed
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Avocados - 1, chopped
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1/2 tsp
- Chimichurri (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallots - 1 clove
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/3 cup
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp.
- Make spice mix - Combine cumin, coriander, chili powder, and salt (portion for shrimp). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make chimichurri sauce - (Skip if sauce was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, shallots, capers, vinegar, lime juice, salt, and oil (portions for chimichurri) in a blender or a food processor. Add more oil if it’s too thick. Season to taste with salt or more lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Jalapenos - Prep as directed and store separately. (Remove seeds from jalapenos if you prefer less spice.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Avocados / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat a wok with oil (portion for saute) over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and saute until nearly tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, jalapenos, and spice mix and saute until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes more. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Top shrimp and zucchini with tomatoes and avocados. Squeeze lime juice (portion for saute) over top. Finish with chimichurri. Enjoy!
Didn't love the shrimp - something about the flavors was kind of "meh," although the chimichurri sauce was good. I didn't love the corn and bean salsa either - it felt like it was missing something.0 Helpful
Chimichurri sauce is single handedly the most delicious item that Cook Smarts has taught me. I made it a few months ago when it was featured on something else, so when it came back for this dish and the burgers, I was stoked. 👏🏼👏🏼 As for the tacos- I added queso fresco as we had it and it was SUCH a good combo. I fried corn tortillas because my 5 month old cooperated and it had the perfect chewiness-to-crunch ratio with the shrimp and everything else. Bravo, Cooksmarts.0 Helpful
Wouldn't change a thing! I now want that black bean/corn salsa on everything I eat.0 Helpful
Always a favorite. Everything about this is so good! We've tried with both corn and flour tortillas, and I think we prefer flour because they don't fall apart and these tacos are pretty messy.0 Helpful
This was absolutely amazing!! The acid in the chimichurri and salsa perfectly complemented the avocado and shrimp. Didn't change a thing and it was delicious!0 Helpful
Made this with bay scallops instead of shrimp because that's what I had. Easy, delicious, great flavor.0 Helpful