Breakfast Tacos with Chimichurri
and avocados / corn and black bean salsa
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Chimichurri (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Corn, frozen or canned - 1 1/2 cups
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallots - 1 clove
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/3 cup
- Make chimichurri sauce - (Skip if sauce was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, shallots, capers, vinegar, lime juice (portion for chimichurri), salt, and oil (portion for chimichurri) in a blender or a food processor. Add more oil if it’s too thick. Season to taste with salt or more lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Jalapenos - Dice jalapenos. (Remove seeds if you prefer less spice.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Corn - Defrost if using frozen. Drain and rinse if using canned.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Avocados - Slice avocados.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Combine jalapenos, corn, beans, and lime juice (portion for salsa) in a serving bowl. Season with some salt and pepper. Add some extra lime juice if you’d like.
- Heat a nonstick pan with oil (portion for tacos) over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble until cooked to your liking. In the last minute of cooking, season with some salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with eggs, avocados, salsa, and chimichurri. Serve any extra salsa on the side. Enjoy!
My boyfriend doesn't like cilantro, so we made the chimichurri with only parsley-- still tasted great with a nice zing that added a lot to the tacos!0 Helpful
So good because - chimichurri. Next time might add tomato as well.0 Helpful
I'm not always a huge shrimp fan, but it's really hard to go wrong with chimichurri sauce. I loved these the last time they were on the menu but remembered them being a bit messy to eat, so I did rice bowls instead of tacos this time - subbed rice for tortillas and followed the rest of the recipe as written.0 Helpful
Sauce was delicious, salsa was yum, shrimp great too! Will be making this one often.0 Helpful
Didn't have cilantro or parsley but it was still delicious. Would be a good meal to serve to guests.0 Helpful
SO good. That chimichurri was amazing. I do think it could have used a side dish but we loved it!0 Helpful