Chimichurri Shrimp Saute
with zucchini / avocados / tomatoes
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Zucchini - 16 oz, cubed
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Avocados - 1, chopped
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1/2 tsp
- Chimichurri (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallots - 1 clove
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/3 cup
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp.
- Make spice mix - Combine cumin, coriander, chili powder, and salt (portion for shrimp). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make chimichurri sauce - (Skip if sauce was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, shallots, capers, vinegar, lime juice, salt, and oil (portions for chimichurri) in a blender or a food processor. Add more oil if it’s too thick. Season to taste with salt or more lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Jalapenos - Prep as directed and store separately. (Remove seeds from jalapenos if you prefer less spice.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Avocados / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat a wok with oil (portion for saute) over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and saute until nearly tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, jalapenos, and spice mix and saute until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes more. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Top shrimp and zucchini with tomatoes and avocados. Squeeze lime juice (portion for saute) over top. Finish with chimichurri. Enjoy!
My boyfriend doesn't like cilantro, so we made the chimichurri with only parsley-- still tasted great with a nice zing that added a lot to the tacos!0 Helpful
So good because - chimichurri. Next time might add tomato as well.0 Helpful
I'm not always a huge shrimp fan, but it's really hard to go wrong with chimichurri sauce. I loved these the last time they were on the menu but remembered them being a bit messy to eat, so I did rice bowls instead of tacos this time - subbed rice for tortillas and followed the rest of the recipe as written.0 Helpful
Sauce was delicious, salsa was yum, shrimp great too! Will be making this one often.0 Helpful
Didn't have cilantro or parsley but it was still delicious. Would be a good meal to serve to guests.0 Helpful
SO good. That chimichurri was amazing. I do think it could have used a side dish but we loved it!0 Helpful