with spinach / zucchini / roasted bell peppers
Skillet Tortellini with Spinach:
- Artichokes, frozen - 6 oz , chopped
- Zucchini - 10 oz , cubed
- Garlic - 4 cloves , chopped
- Roasted bell peppers - 1/2 cup , chopped (from a jar of roasted red bell peppers)
- Tortellini, any type - 16 oz
- Baby spinach - 5 oz , chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Flour, all-purpose - 2 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Cheese, parmesan - 2 oz , grated
- Artichokes / Zucchini / Garlic / Roasted bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tortellini - Boil tortellini according to package directions. If prepping in advance, toss with some oil to prevent sticking. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Spinach - Roughly chop spinach. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Turn on the oven’s broiler. Place an oven rack 6” / 15 cm from the heat source.
- Heat a large skillet (it should be large enough to hold all of the ingredients, including tortellini) with butter over medium heat. When butter melts, add zucchini with a pinch of salt and saute until zucchini is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and oregano until no dry spots remain.
- Pour in stock and add spinach and garlic. Saute until spinach is wilted, ~3 minutes (you can cover the pan with a lid to speed things up).
- Remove pan from heat and stir in tortellini, artichokes, and roasted bell peppers. Taste and season with some salt and pepper.
- Grate cheese over top of tortellini and place skillet under the broiler. Broil just until the parmesan topping is golden brown, ~2 minutes. (Be careful - the handle of the skillet will get very hot!)
- Serve tortellini immediately and enjoy!