Skillet Tortelliniwith spinach / zucchini / roasted bell peppers
This skillet tortellini is packed with veggies and finished under the broiler to give the parmesan cheese topping a bit of color and texture.
- Artichokes, frozen - 6 oz, chopped
- Zucchini - 10 oz, cubed
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Roasted bell peppers - 1/2 cup, chopped (from a jar of roasted red bell peppers)
- Tortellini, any type - 16 oz
- Baby spinach - 5 oz, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Flour, all-purpose - 2 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Cheese, parmesan - 2 oz, grated
- Artichokes / Zucchini / Garlic / Roasted bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tortellini - Boil tortellini according to package directions. If prepping in advance, toss with some oil to prevent sticking. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Spinach - Roughly chop spinach. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Turn on the oven’s broiler. Place an oven rack 6” / 15 cm from the heat source.
- Heat a large skillet (it should be large enough to hold all of the ingredients, including tortellini) with butter over medium heat. When butter melts, add zucchini with a pinch of salt and saute until zucchini is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and oregano until no dry spots remain.
- Pour in stock and add spinach and garlic. Saute until spinach is wilted, ~3 minutes (you can cover the pan with a lid to speed things up).
- Remove pan from heat and stir in tortellini, artichokes, and roasted bell peppers. Taste and season with some salt and pepper.
- Grate cheese over top of tortellini and place skillet under the broiler. Broil just until the parmesan topping is golden brown, ~2 minutes. (Be careful - the handle of the skillet will get very hot!)
- Serve tortellini immediately and enjoy!
This meal has 49 reviews
Easy and tasty!! Made about 5 servings since the pasta came in a 20 oz pack (did not change the amount of stock). Other changes: used canned artichoke, doubled the oregano, added some dried basil, and an extra sprinkle of salt and some black pepper before throwing it under the broiler.
Top half of all meals cooked for all members of my family Would skip artichoke next time and replace with mushroom? Replaced tortellini with ravioli Used my wok instead due to volume
So delicious! Perfect flavor and texture!
Very easy to make, but pretty heavy without being super flavorful.
I used a regular red pepper instead of roasted and I left out the artichokes because I couldn't find them. I used 1 cup stock because another review said it was soupy. I don't think it would have made a difference though because of the roux. Overall very tasty and filling!
Good and quick, which are the most important things for me!