Spinach, Zucchini, and Roasted Bell Pepper Scramblewith bacon
- Zucchini - 10 oz, cubed
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Roasted bell peppers - 1/2 cup, chopped (from a jar of roasted red bell peppers)
- Baby spinach - 5 oz, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Bacon - 8 strips
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Zucchini / Garlic / Roasted bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Spinach - Roughly chop spinach. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook bacon on both sides until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- While bacon cooks, heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add butter. When butter melts, add zucchini with a pinch of salt and saute until zucchini is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and garlic. Saute until spinach begins to wilt, ~2 minutes
- Add eggs and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are scrambled to your liking, 4 to 6 minutes. Fold in roasted bell peppers and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve scrambled eggs with bacon on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 48 reviews
Top half of all meals cooked for all members of my family Would skip artichoke next time and replace with mushroom? Replaced tortellini with ravioli Used my wok instead due to volume
So delicious! Perfect flavor and texture!
Very easy to make, but pretty heavy without being super flavorful.
I used a regular red pepper instead of roasted and I left out the artichokes because I couldn't find them. I used 1 cup stock because another review said it was soupy. I don't think it would have made a difference though because of the roux. Overall very tasty and filling!
Good and quick, which are the most important things for me!
This had a good flavor and came together quickly. I skipped the broiler step because I portioned this out and took it for work lunches, so I'm sure that would have made it even better! I liked the flavor overall, but ended up adding salt and lemon juice at the end to brighten it up a bit.