Spinach, Zucchini, and Roasted Bell Pepper Scramble
- Zucchini - 10 oz, cubed
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Roasted bell peppers - 1/2 cup, chopped (from a jar of roasted red bell peppers)
- Baby spinach - 5 oz, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Bacon - 8 strips
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Zucchini / Garlic / Roasted bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Spinach - Roughly chop spinach. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook bacon on both sides until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- While bacon cooks, heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add butter. When butter melts, add zucchini with a pinch of salt and saute until zucchini is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and garlic. Saute until spinach begins to wilt, ~2 minutes
- Add eggs and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are scrambled to your liking, 4 to 6 minutes. Fold in roasted bell peppers and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve scrambled eggs with bacon on the side. Enjoy!
This came together fairly quickly. Great flavors0 Helpful
We all loved this recipe! It was easy to make and came together quickly. We did use 20oz of pasta and added more flour, butter, and stock to match. We also used canned artichokes. We will surely be making this again!0 Helpful
used mushrooms instead of spinach. it was quick and easy!0 Helpful
This was fine, but wasn't good enough to warrant the extra fuss of the roux and broth - I could have just tossed the cooked tortellini with olive oil, lemon and fresh herbs and it would have tasted just as good.0 Helpful
This recipe was amazing! For Italian recipes I always just follow my own way with the spices since it’s pretty hard to ruin a pasta dish with too much oregano. I added some basil, parsley, thyme, pepper, etc. until I was satisfied with the flavor and I also added some sausage medallions. I also had some leftover mozzarella so I added that and then the Parmesan. It was so good!!!0 Helpful
We didn't want cheesy tortellini so we made this with farfalle and it turned out tasty. Used canned artichoke hearts and let the sauce sit a bit to thicken. We added extra garlic and looked forward to leftovers!0 Helpful