Skillet Tortelliniwith spinach / zucchini / roasted bell peppers
This skillet tortellini is packed with veggies and finished under the broiler to give the parmesan cheese topping a bit of color and texture.
- Artichokes, frozen - 6 oz, chopped
- Zucchini - 10 oz, cubed
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Roasted bell peppers - 1/2 cup, chopped (from a jar of roasted red bell peppers)
- Tortellini, any type - 16 oz
- Baby spinach - 5 oz, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Flour, all-purpose - 2 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Cheese, parmesan - 2 oz, grated
- Artichokes / Zucchini / Garlic / Roasted bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tortellini - Boil tortellini according to package directions. If prepping in advance, toss with some oil to prevent sticking. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Spinach - Roughly chop spinach. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Turn on the oven’s broiler. Place an oven rack 6” / 15 cm from the heat source.
- Heat a large skillet (it should be large enough to hold all of the ingredients, including tortellini) with butter over medium heat. When butter melts, add zucchini with a pinch of salt and saute until zucchini is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and oregano until no dry spots remain.
- Pour in stock and add spinach and garlic. Saute until spinach is wilted, ~3 minutes (you can cover the pan with a lid to speed things up).
- Remove pan from heat and stir in tortellini, artichokes, and roasted bell peppers. Taste and season with some salt and pepper.
- Grate cheese over top of tortellini and place skillet under the broiler. Broil just until the parmesan topping is golden brown, ~2 minutes. (Be careful - the handle of the skillet will get very hot!)
- Serve tortellini immediately and enjoy!
This meal has 50 reviews
Yum! We skipped the artichokes and added red onions. It’s nice to have a pasta dish that’s different from typical tomato or cream sauces.
Good, quick dinner
Not bad. Could have used more veggies.
This made so much food!! It barely fit in my skillet! Absolutely delicious!
Quick and easy! I think next time I'll swap the roasted red peppers for fresh but otherwise great for a weeknight
This came together fairly quickly. Great flavors