Spinach, Zucchini, and Roasted Bell Pepper Scramble
- Zucchini - 10 oz, cubed
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Roasted bell peppers - 1/2 cup, chopped (from a jar of roasted red bell peppers)
- Baby spinach - 5 oz, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Bacon - 8 strips
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Zucchini / Garlic / Roasted bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Spinach - Roughly chop spinach. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook bacon on both sides until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- While bacon cooks, heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add butter. When butter melts, add zucchini with a pinch of salt and saute until zucchini is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and garlic. Saute until spinach begins to wilt, ~2 minutes
- Add eggs and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are scrambled to your liking, 4 to 6 minutes. Fold in roasted bell peppers and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve scrambled eggs with bacon on the side. Enjoy!
Ours ended up more like soup than pasta in a sauce. I'd omit the broth next time, but otherwise we liked it.0 Helpful
I liked how fast it came together, but I felt it was a little bland?? Maybe a little more seasoning in the sauce? I skipped the artichokes because they aren’t a family favorite.0 Helpful
Very good, everyone loved it. Sauteed mushrooms would have brought it over the top.0 Helpful
This was really good! I went a tad less on the broth because of reviews stating it was too watery, but I think it was unnecessary. I also just used marinated artichokes since I couldn't find frozen - worked out great!0 Helpful
Delicious and easy! Didn't add zucchini because I forgot to buy it..0 Helpful
Good and easy! Subbed white wine for stock.0 Helpful