Spinach, Zucchini, and Roasted Bell Pepper Scramblewith bacon
- Zucchini - 10 oz, cubed
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Roasted bell peppers - 1/2 cup, chopped (from a jar of roasted red bell peppers)
- Baby spinach - 5 oz, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Bacon - 8 strips
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Zucchini / Garlic / Roasted bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Spinach - Roughly chop spinach. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook bacon on both sides until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- While bacon cooks, heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add butter. When butter melts, add zucchini with a pinch of salt and saute until zucchini is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and garlic. Saute until spinach begins to wilt, ~2 minutes
- Add eggs and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are scrambled to your liking, 4 to 6 minutes. Fold in roasted bell peppers and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve scrambled eggs with bacon on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 49 reviews
Very good, everyone loved it. Sauteed mushrooms would have brought it over the top.
This was really good! I went a tad less on the broth because of reviews stating it was too watery, but I think it was unnecessary. I also just used marinated artichokes since I couldn't find frozen - worked out great!
Delicious and easy! Didn't add zucchini because I forgot to buy it..
Good and easy! Subbed white wine for stock.
Really really good and super easy.
I think I cooked the baby spinach too long because it turned a little bitter. Next time I would increase the peppers to balance it out a little.