Spinach, Zucchini, and Roasted Bell Pepper Scramble
- Zucchini - 10 oz, cubed
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Roasted bell peppers - 1/2 cup, chopped (from a jar of roasted red bell peppers)
- Baby spinach - 5 oz, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Bacon - 8 strips
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Zucchini / Garlic / Roasted bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Spinach - Roughly chop spinach. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook bacon on both sides until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- While bacon cooks, heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add butter. When butter melts, add zucchini with a pinch of salt and saute until zucchini is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and garlic. Saute until spinach begins to wilt, ~2 minutes
- Add eggs and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are scrambled to your liking, 4 to 6 minutes. Fold in roasted bell peppers and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve scrambled eggs with bacon on the side. Enjoy!
I used a regular red pepper instead of roasted and I left out the artichokes because I couldn't find them. I used 1 cup stock because another review said it was soupy. I don't think it would have made a difference though because of the roux. Overall very tasty and filling!0 Helpful
Good and quick, which are the most important things for me!0 Helpful
This had a good flavor and came together quickly. I skipped the broiler step because I portioned this out and took it for work lunches, so I'm sure that would have made it even better! I liked the flavor overall, but ended up adding salt and lemon juice at the end to brighten it up a bit.0 Helpful
Fantastic! One that my kids liked.0 Helpful
Quick and easy with good flavors. Not a phenomenal dish, but pretty good and comes together quickly.0 Helpful
Worked out wonderfully. Really tasty!0 Helpful