Curried Broccoli and Lentil Wrapswith baby carrots
Saute broccoli with mild curry powder to create a flavorful and nutritious foundation for the creamy filling in these wraps. The filling should be warm or room temperature, so be sure to add the yogurt and lentils with the pan off the heat.
- Broccoli florets - 1 lb, finely chopped
- Shallots - 2 cloves, chopped
- Green onions - 2 stalks, sliced, green and white parts separate
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Lentils, pre-cooked - 2 cups, drained if using canned (look for vacuum-packed or canned )
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Tortillas, burrito-sized - 4
- Baby carrots - 8 oz
- Hummus - 4 oz
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then broccoli florets, shallots, white parts of green onions, and curry powder. Saute until broccoli turns bright green, ~2 minutes. Add water and cover with a lid. Steam until broccoli is tender but still has some crunch.
- Drain off any excess water in the pan and remove pan from heat (you want everything warm but not hot). Stir in green parts of green onions, lentils, yogurt, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill tortillas with broccoli and lentil mixture. (If possible, enclose the filling like you would in a burrito to prevent the filling from falling out.)
- Serve wraps with carrots and hummus on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 44 reviews
It was good. Kids ate it, so that’s a win.
Didn't include the red pepper for the kids, but it was definitely good with it! Enjoyable and I plan to make this again (good sub for boxed mac n cheese that the kids asked for that night LOL).
Loved this recipe so comforting. Made some changes -fried the chicken and kept it in the pan while i added the liquids/sauce -to the sauce I added: 1 teaspoon chilli, 1 teaspoon salt, 0.5 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon Italian herbs and 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard and 1.5 cups of stock rather than 2 cups -used cheddar cheese -squeeze of lemon at the end to enhance flavours
This was great! Will be adding it to my favourites. So simple to make.
Used Quorn instead of chicken and cheddar cheese, was delicious everyone enjoyed it and it was very quick and easy to make.
Made with Gardein chicken. Very yummy and low-fuss.