Curried Broccoli and Lentil Wrapswith baby carrots
Saute broccoli with mild curry powder to create a flavorful and nutritious foundation for the creamy filling in these wraps. The filling should be warm or room temperature, so be sure to add the yogurt and lentils with the pan off the heat.
- Broccoli florets - 1 lb, finely chopped
- Shallots - 2 cloves, chopped
- Green onions - 2 stalks, sliced, green and white parts separate
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Lentils, pre-cooked - 2 cups, drained if using canned (look for vacuum-packed or canned )
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Tortillas, burrito-sized - 4
- Baby carrots - 8 oz
- Hummus - 4 oz
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then broccoli florets, shallots, white parts of green onions, and curry powder. Saute until broccoli turns bright green, ~2 minutes. Add water and cover with a lid. Steam until broccoli is tender but still has some crunch.
- Drain off any excess water in the pan and remove pan from heat (you want everything warm but not hot). Stir in green parts of green onions, lentils, yogurt, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill tortillas with broccoli and lentil mixture. (If possible, enclose the filling like you would in a burrito to prevent the filling from falling out.)
- Serve wraps with carrots and hummus on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 44 reviews
This was good, I doubled the red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. My sauce also didn't really thicken as I expected but it was actually perfect for going over pasta. My only complaint was that there was a lot of prep and dishes for a weeknight meal.
The sauce didn't thicken as much as I wanted it to, might be a technique issue. Flavors were good!
Fast, easy. My almost 3 year old loved it.
Increased seasoning and subbed wine for half the stock and still found the flavor to be lacking. Maybe a little Dijon would help the sauce?
The whole family liked this one! The sauce was really nice.
Tasty, easy. Made a lot of dishes but oven time meant clean up time which was good. Used a bit more salt and a heaping tsp of Italian herbs after reading users thought this was bland. I thought it was flavorful comfort food - to turn it into a treat I'd double the cheese next time.