Curried Broccoli and Lentil Wrapswith baby carrots
Saute broccoli with mild curry powder to create a flavorful and nutritious foundation for the creamy filling in these wraps. The filling should be warm or room temperature, so be sure to add the yogurt and lentils with the pan off the heat.
- Broccoli florets - 1 lb, finely chopped
- Shallots - 2 cloves, chopped
- Green onions - 2 stalks, sliced, green and white parts separate
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Lentils, pre-cooked - 2 cups, drained if using canned (look for vacuum-packed or canned )
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Tortillas, burrito-sized - 4
- Baby carrots - 8 oz
- Hummus - 4 oz
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then broccoli florets, shallots, white parts of green onions, and curry powder. Saute until broccoli turns bright green, ~2 minutes. Add water and cover with a lid. Steam until broccoli is tender but still has some crunch.
- Drain off any excess water in the pan and remove pan from heat (you want everything warm but not hot). Stir in green parts of green onions, lentils, yogurt, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill tortillas with broccoli and lentil mixture. (If possible, enclose the filling like you would in a burrito to prevent the filling from falling out.)
- Serve wraps with carrots and hummus on the side. Enjoy!
I thought this meal was delicious! My sauce was plenty thick until I added my broccoli without thinking about the fact I had put water in my dish to make it more tender. I thought there was plenty of flavor too!0 Helpful
Solid comfort food of warm, cheesy chicken and pasta. It wasn't our favorite but we would make it again if it appeared on the menu.0 Helpful
I cooked the sauce longer than listed and it did not thicken up much for me. The 3 year old and 1 year old were fans but the adults were disappointed.0 Helpful
Did it slightly different. I used frozen broccoli and added it straight to pan...instead of baking I covered the pan until broccoli was cooked. Stirred in the cheese at the end. Really good! Since I did not bake I didn't do step 7 with the parm topping.0 Helpful
Made paleo chicken with lemon pan sauce and added green lentil pasta to it. Delicious and nice sauce. Well received all mixed.0 Helpful
Made it with vegan stock and tofu, added garlic powder, smoked paprika, and chili flake to the sauce and it turned out great!0 Helpful