Curried Broccoli and Lentil Wrapswith baby carrots
Saute broccoli with mild curry powder to create a flavorful and nutritious foundation for the creamy filling in these wraps. The filling should be warm or room temperature, so be sure to add the yogurt and lentils with the pan off the heat.
- Broccoli florets - 1 lb, finely chopped
- Shallots - 2 cloves, chopped
- Green onions - 2 stalks, sliced, green and white parts separate
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Lentils, pre-cooked - 2 cups, drained if using canned (look for vacuum-packed or canned )
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Tortillas, burrito-sized - 4
- Baby carrots - 8 oz
- Hummus - 4 oz
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then broccoli florets, shallots, white parts of green onions, and curry powder. Saute until broccoli turns bright green, ~2 minutes. Add water and cover with a lid. Steam until broccoli is tender but still has some crunch.
- Drain off any excess water in the pan and remove pan from heat (you want everything warm but not hot). Stir in green parts of green onions, lentils, yogurt, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill tortillas with broccoli and lentil mixture. (If possible, enclose the filling like you would in a burrito to prevent the filling from falling out.)
- Serve wraps with carrots and hummus on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 44 reviews
I made a double batch and baked in a 9x13 casserole dish. Served to guests and it was a hit (kids ate it pretty well too). I chopped up the broccoli very fine so the kids wouldn’t notice it much. Would do that again!
This was really tasty - solid comfort food.
Chicken was delicious and easy to make
Soooo good. This will definitely be put in our rotation!
Wasn't sure how this would be different than chicken and broccoli, but it was good. Using a good cheese made this a step up, and the leftovers were great as well.
This was delicious. A great comfort meal and heats up for leftovers beautifully.