English Muffin Hummus Meltwith fried eggs / green salad
- Cheese, gruyere - 4 oz, shredded or thinly sliced (sub Swiss cheese)
- English muffins - 4, halved
- Foil - for cooking
- Hummus - 6 oz
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Celery - 1 rib, sliced
- Lettuce, green leaf - 1 head, chopped
- Apples - 1, chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Cheese / Celery - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Apples - Prep as directed and combine.
- Turn on the oven's broiler (use the lowest broiler setting if your oven has multiple settings).
- While oven heats, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Top with celery, lettuce, and apples (wait to toss salad until just before serving).
- Slice English muffins in half. Line a sheet pan with foil and place English muffins on pan, cut-side up. Broil English muffins until just starting to turn golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove English muffins from oven and spread with hummus. Top each half with cheese. Return pan to oven and continue broiling until cheese is melted and starting to brown on top (watch it closely to prevent burning).
- While English muffins toast, heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then crack eggs into heated oil. Season eggs with some salt and pepper. Fry eggs to desired doneness (cook on one side for sunny-side up, or flip and cook on both sides).
- Divide English muffins between serving plates, leaving them open-faced. Top each pair of English muffins with a fried egg. Toss salad and serve on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 32 reviews
It was fine. Would try with cheddar next time.
Absolutely delightful. I poached eggs instead of frying. And put an egg on each half.
Hummus with gruyere was pretty weird. Very salty, and I usually like salt. For leftovers, we tried it with cheddar, which was better, but in general this one was just a miss for us.
Was very pleased with how filling the vegetarian version was. The paleo was quite happy with their version.
Very simple and delicious
This was a very easy and delicious weeknight meal.