Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
with pineapple / bell peppers / quinoa
This skillet meal is Hawaiian-inspired with pan-seared pork tenderloin, bell peppers, and pineapple. Topped with teriyaki sauce, the entire dish has a great balance of sweet and savory flavors.
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp , grated
- Brown sugar - 3 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Water - 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Cornstarch - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Quinoa, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup
- Coconut milk, light - 3/4 cup
Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple and Bell Peppers:
- Onions, medium and red - 1 , cubed
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , cubed
- Bell peppers, green - 1 , cubed
- Pork tenderloin - 1 1/4 lb
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Pineapple, fresh or canned and drained - 1 1/2 cups , cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Onions / Bell peppers (both colors) - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make coconut quinoa - (Skip if made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine quinoa with stock and coconut milk in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make teriyaki sauce - (Skip if made ahead for Tuesday.) Chop garlic. Grate ginger. In a small saucepan, combine garlic, ginger, sugar, soy sauce, first portion of water, and vinegar. Simmer on medium heat until sugar dissolves, ~3 minutes. Whisk together cornstarch and second part of water. Add cornstarch mixture to sauce and continue cooking until sauce thickens, ~2 minutes more. Stir in toasted sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pork - Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Pineapple - If using fresh pineapple, cube. If using canned pineapple, drain.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then pork to heated oil. Sear on all sides until golden brown, ~5 minutes total.
- Move pork to one side of the skillet and place onions, bell peppers, and pineapple on the other side.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until pork reaches 145F / 63C.
- In the last minute of cooking, pour half the teriyaki sauce over the pork and onions / bell peppers / pineapple. (Reserve the other half of the sauce for serving.)
- Set pork aside, covered, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Slice pork and serve with onions, bell peppers, and pineapple over quinoa. Drizzle any remaining teriyaki sauce over top. Finish with green onions.