and green salad with curried chickpeas
- Onions, medium - 1 , diced
- Cauliflower, frozen florets - 8 oz (sub fresh)
- Peas, frozen - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 6
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 2 Tbsp (sub butter)
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Turmeric, ground - 1/2 tsp
Lemon Yogurt Dressing:
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
Green Salad with Curried Chickpeas:
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Curry powder, mild - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp
- Lettuce, green leaf - 5 oz
- Onions / Garlic - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cauliflower and peas - If using frozen cauliflower / peas, defrost in the microwave. If using fresh cauliflower, chop into bite-sized pieces, place into a microwave-safe container, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Beans - Drain and rinse beans. Toss with curry powder.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with milk, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then beans. Saute until spices are fragrant, ~1 minute. Season with some salt and pepper. Set beans aside and return skillet to heat.
- To heated skillet add ghee (or butter) and then onions with a pinch of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, peas, garam masala, and turmeric and saute for 1 minute to warm through.
- Pour in eggs and stir until ingredients are all mixed through.
- Transfer frittata to the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and inserted knife comes out cleanly.
- While frittata cooks, make salad dressing by combining garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, and yogurt. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Tear lettuce and combine with chickpeas in a bowl. Add dressing until salad is dressed to your liking.
- Slice frittata and serve with salad on the side.