Chard and Cheese Frittata
with lemony garlic broccoli
Lemony Garlic Broccoli:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , sliced
- Broccoli - 1 1/4 lbs , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
Chard and Cheese Frittata:
- Cheese, fontina - 8 oz , shredded (sub provolone or swiss)
- Onions, medium - 1 , sliced
- Chard, any type - 1 bunch , leaves torn, stems chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cheese / Onions / Garlic / Broccoli - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chard - Chop stems and leaves. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make frittata base - Whisk eggs with milk, salt, and pepper. Fold in cheese.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 8” / 20 cm skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter (portion for frittata) and then onions and chopped chard stems to melted butter with some salt. Saute until onions are slightly golden and caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Fold in chard leaves and saute until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in egg mixture and stir until everything is evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes, until a knife comes out cleanly.
- Once frittata is in the oven, toss oil with garlic and broccoli. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking pan halfway through cooking, until broccoli is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- When broccoli is finished, toss with lemon juice and butter (portion for broccoli). Season with some salt and pepper.
- Slice frittata and enjoy with broccoli on the side.