Prosciutto Wrapped Chickenwith lemony garlic broccoli
- Garlic - 2 cloves, sliced
- Broccoli - 1 1/4 lbs, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Artichoke hearts, frozen or canned - 8 oz, chopped
- Baby spinach - 2 oz, chopped
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 2, butterflied and flattened
- Basil, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Prosciutto, thinly sliced - 6 slices
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Arrowroot powder - 1 tsp
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup
- Wine, white - 1/4 cup (sub stock)
- Garlic (portion for broccoli) / Broccoli - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make chicken stuffing - Chop garlic (portion for chicken), artichokes, and spinach together, so they’re all incorporated. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chicken breasts - Butterfly chicken breasts by slicing chicken breast in half, making sure you don’t slice all the way through so that the two halves are still connected. Open up chicken breasts, like opening a book. Place parchment paper over breasts and pound with a tenderizer, until breasts are about 1/2” / 1.25 cm thick. Sprinkle on basil with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. Divide artichoke and spinach stuffing across chicken breasts. Fold chicken breasts closed and wrap each stuffed chicken breast with 3 slices of prosciutto. Watch this video to see how it's done. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 375F / 191C.
- Toss oil (portion for broccoli) with garlic and broccoli. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking pan halfway through cooking, until broccoli is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While broccoli is roasting, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil (portion for chicken) and then prosciutto-wrapped chicken breasts to heated oil. Sear on each side for 2-1/2 minutes and then transfer to the oven, cooking for another 8 to 15 minutes, until chicken reaches 165F / 74C.
- When broccoli is finished, toss with lemon juice and butter. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Stir arrowroot powder into stock.
- When chicken breasts are done, remove from pan to rest. Place skillet over medium heat and pour in white wine, scraping up any bits remaining in the pan. Next add stock and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until sauce is thick and creamy.
- Slice chicken breasts and spoon sauce over top. Enjoy with broccoli on the side.
This meal has 42 reviews
This has been my husband's all time favorite meal, he was a happy boy. It was pretty good.
One of my absolute favorite cooksmarts recipes!! It takes a bit of work, but this is an excellent meal for impressing guests with your culinary abilities. And the vegetarian version (chard and cheese frittata) is excellent as well. Chard and egg go so well together.
Very good, might be good for when guests come over.
Fantastic. I was generous with the prosciutto to keep the bundle tidy. The cheese didn't leak, and it was delicious.
Sloppy to wrap, and chicken was a bit dry, but it was good.
Substituted Quorn turkey loaf to make it vegetarian. The effect was not at all like stuffed chicken (ha!), but it was still delicious. The sauce was yummy, but for some reason the orzo seemed to soak it all up in the leftovers. For that reason, I might make extra sauce next time and store it separately.