Prosciutto Wrapped Chickenwith lemony garlic broccoli / orzo
- Garlic - 2 cloves, sliced
- Broccoli - 1 1/4 lbs, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, fontina - 4 slices, shredded or torn into pieces (sub provolone or swiss)
- Pasta, orzo - 1 cup
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 2, butterflied and flattened
- Basil, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Prosciutto, thinly sliced - 6 slices
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cornstarch - 2 tsp
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup
- Wine, white - 1/4 cup (sub stock)
- Cheese / Garlic / Broccoli - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pasta - Cook according to package directions.
- Chicken breasts - Butterfly chicken breasts by slicing chicken breast in half, making sure you don’t slice all the way through so that the two halves are still connected. Open up chicken breasts, like opening a book. Place parchment paper over breasts and pound with a tenderizer, until breasts are about 1/2” / 1.25 cm thick. Sprinkle with basil with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. Spread cheese on one half of each chicken breast. Fold chicken breasts closed and wrap each stuffed chicken breast with 3 slices of prosciutto. Watch this video to see how it's done. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 375F / 191C.
- Toss oil (portion for broccoli) with garlic and broccoli. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking pan halfway through cooking, until broccoli is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While broccoli is roasting, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil (portion for chicken) and then prosciutto-wrapped chicken breasts to heated oil. Sear on each side for 2-1/2 minutes and then transfer to the oven, cooking for another 8 to 15 minutes, until chicken reaches 165F / 74C.
- When broccoli is finished, toss with lemon juice and butter. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Stir cornstarch into stock.
- When chicken breasts are done, remove from pan to rest. Place skillet over medium heat and pour in white wine, scraping up any bits remaining in the pan. Next add stock and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until sauce is thick and creamy.
- If pasta was made ahead, reheat in the microwave. Toss with a splash of oil if the pasta sticks together.
- Slice chicken breasts and serve over pasta. Spoon sauce over top. Enjoy with broccoli on the side.
I thought this was exceptional...I made a green salad with it as well. My 8 year old daughter gobbled it up and said I should make it again soon!0 Helpful
Made the frittata version but added some chorizo that we needed to use up. Pretty good. Would have liked a stronger cheese (used swiss).0 Helpful
Super yummy. Subbed zucchini for the broccoli but other than that I stuck with the recipe. Everyone loved it!0 Helpful
Holy crap, this was delicious. And also, surprisingly easy....felt like a big fancy dinner on a night where I really wanted to eat a bowl of cereal. 👍0 Helpful
This was so good! Tons of flavor and delicious! Everyone loved - my mother in law and all the preschoolers!0 Helpful
We thought it was yummy0 Helpful