Chard and Cheese Frittatawith lemony garlic broccoli
- Garlic - 2 cloves, sliced
- Broccoli - 1 1/4 lbs, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, fontina - 8 oz, shredded (sub provolone or swiss)
- Onions, medium - 1, sliced
- Chard, any type - 1 bunch, leaves torn, stems chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cheese / Onions / Garlic / Broccoli - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chard - Chop stems and leaves. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make frittata base - Whisk eggs with milk, salt, and pepper. Fold in cheese.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 8” / 20 cm skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter (portion for frittata) and then onions and chopped chard stems to melted butter with some salt. Saute until onions are slightly golden and caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Fold in chard leaves and saute until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in egg mixture and stir until everything is evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes, until a knife comes out cleanly.
- Once frittata is in the oven, toss oil with garlic and broccoli. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking pan halfway through cooking, until broccoli is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- When broccoli is finished, toss with lemon juice and butter (portion for broccoli). Season with some salt and pepper.
- Slice frittata and enjoy with broccoli on the side.
This meal has 42 reviews
This was delicious and pretty easy. If I were to make it again, I think I would double the amount of sauce I made.
Actually was not a fan. I did not like the prosciutto. Regular bacon would have tasted better, or just chicken and cheese. The broccoli was good though.
Great meal! I will definitely be making this one again!
Got wows from our dinner guests, who are definitely hard to please. I think this is a bit time consuming, so I did it on a weekend, but worth it!
Fancy but easy - I had Costco chicken breast which are just too big! I should have added a salad