Roasted Cauliflower Burrito Bowls
with quinoa / corn salsa / avocados
Warm, roasted cauliflower florets make a unique and flavorful topping for burrito bowls. This take includes a sweet and savory warm corn salsa and and is served over quinoa as an alternative to the more traditional rice base.
- Cauliflower florets - 16 oz
- Quinoa, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, leaves torn
- Foil - for cooking
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Paprika, smoked - 2 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - 2 tsp
- Sour cream (opt) - for serving
- Tortilla chips (opt) - for serving
- Shallots - 1, diced
- Bell peppers, from a jar of roasted red peppers - 1/2, chopped
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Corn, frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Cauliflower / Shallots / Bell peppers - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Quinoa - Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Avocados / Cilantro (for bowls and salsa) - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C.
- Spread cauliflower out onto a sheet pan and cover tightly with foil. "Steam" in oven for 10 minutes.
- When cauliflower has finished steaming, remove foil. Toss cauliflower with olive oil, paprika, cumin, hot sauce, and some salt and pepper. Return cauliflower to oven and continue roasting for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok or skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add corn and shallots and saute until corn is lightly blackened, ~2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in bell peppers, cilantro (portion for salsa), and lime juice. Season with a pinch of salt.
- If quinoa was made ahead reheat in the microwave.
- Assemble by dividing quinoa between serving bowls. Top quinoa with cauliflower, avocados, corn salsa, and cilantro leaves (portion for bowls). Serve with some sour cream and tortilla chips on the side.
Would make these again for sure.0 Helpful
This may be one of the most delicious meals I’ve eaten. Period.0 Helpful
This was a big hit. Could have doubled the cauliflower.0 Helpful
The whole family loved it!0 Helpful
Carnitas very good -- made salad instead of cups.0 Helpful
The corn salsa was amazing!0 Helpful