Honey Adobo Chopped Salad
with avocado / queso fresco / black beans / tortilla chips
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Limes - 1/2, wedges
- Corn kernels, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortilla chips - 20, crumbled
- Cheese, queso fresco - 4 oz, crumbled (sub Mexican Blend)
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Adobo sauce - 2 tsp (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo)
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Sour cream - 1 Tbsp (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Make Adobo dressing - Whisk together vinegar, honey, adobo sauce, paprika, and sour cream. Add oil (portion for marinade) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions, combining green and white parts. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers / Avocados / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Corn - If using frozen, defrost. If using canned, drain and rinse.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil (for salad). Add corn and beans and saute until heated through, ~2 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp / 15mL (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing) of dressing and saute for 1 minute more.
- Make salad by combining lettuce, cucumbers, green onions, and avocados. Crumble tortilla chips into salad. Add dressing and toss until dressed to your liking.
- Top salad with corn / black beans and cheese. Serve with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
My husband and I love this salad. We make it often. I do the GF salad with the paleo dressing. Love it!0 Helpful
Good for a winter salad. Needed to double dressing.0 Helpful
Salads don't get much better than this!0 Helpful
Wonderful flavors! I used the same technique with chicken and (separately) tofu, both were really good. I made brown rice for my greens avoiders. Great meal, we will add this one to our rotation.0 Helpful
Super easy and good0 Helpful