Honey Adobo Chopped Chicken Salad
with avocado / bell peppers / pepitas
- Bell peppers, red - 1, chopped
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, chopped
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Limes - 1/2, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Adobo sauce - 2 tsp (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo)
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Make Adobo marinade - Whisk together vinegar, honey, adobo sauce, and paprika. Add oil (portion for marinade) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers - Chop bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinate chicken - Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces and tenderize with a fork. Combine with half the Adobo marinade (reserve the other half). Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions, combining green and white parts. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers / Avocados / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil (for salad). Use a slotted spoon to remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and transfer to heated skillet. Saute until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper as it cooks.
- Make salad by combining lettuce, cucumbers, bell peppers, green onions, and avocados. Add dressing until dressed to your liking.
- Top salad with chicken and pepitas. Serve with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
My husband and I love this salad. We make it often. I do the GF salad with the paleo dressing. Love it!0 Helpful
Good for a winter salad. Needed to double dressing.0 Helpful
Salads don't get much better than this!0 Helpful
Wonderful flavors! I used the same technique with chicken and (separately) tofu, both were really good. I made brown rice for my greens avoiders. Great meal, we will add this one to our rotation.0 Helpful
Super easy and good0 Helpful