Huevos Rancheroswith refried beans / lime slaw
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Tortillas, corn and taco-sized - 8
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Eggs - 8
- Beans, refried (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Salsa, store-bought - 1/2 cup
- Sour cream - 2 Tbsp (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Green onions - Chop green onions, combining green and white parts. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make slaw - Combine coleslaw mix with green onions, oil (portion for slaw), lime juice, sugar, and cumin. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Avocados - Slice avocados.
- Arrange top rack of the oven so it’s 6” / 15 cm from the broiler. Turn on broiler (use the low setting if available).
- Place tortillas in a single layer on a sheet pan (you might have to separate into 2 batches). Brush both sides of tortillas with some oil. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until they crisp up. Transfer tortillas onto plates (2 / serving).
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add oil (portion for huevos). Crack eggs into heated oil (you may have to work in batches) and cook until the whites are set. If you like your eggs less runny, cover the pan with a lid and cook until eggs are at the consistency you want.
- Transfer eggs to tortillas. Repeat until all eggs are cooked.
- Empty refried beans into a microwave-safe container. Heat according to instructions on can.
- Toss slaw and season with some salt and pepper.
- Top tortillas and eggs with salsa and avocados. Serve sour cream, beans, and slaw on the side.
This meal has 26 reviews
I thought this was a great, quick meal!
Used scrambled eggs for easier cooking/ less mess. The slaw was excellent!
This was great! Unfortunately my slaw had gone off by the time I was ready to make this, and it sounded so good I was bummed. I Just cooked the pork and put the eggs over top with avocado and served with tortilla chips and my husband and kids ate it up. Will definitely make again!
The slaw was amazing!
Will definitely make again
Loved this! Slaw was fantastic. I used refried black beans and subbed leftover tortilla chips for the tortillas. Piled everything together on the plate and it was delicious!