Korean-Inspired Beef Soup
Korean-Inspired Beef Soup:
- Onions, medium - 1 , diced
- Zucchini - 12 oz , cubed
- Garlic - 3 cloves , chopped
- Kimchi - 1/2 cup , chopped (plus extra for serving)
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Mushrooms, shiitake - 8 oz , sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Beef, ground - 16 oz
- Hot sauce - 1 to 3 tsp (plus extra for serving)
- Stock, any type - 4 cups
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 3 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Heat a wok or Dutch oven with oil over medium heat. Add beef and saute, breaking it apart, until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Season beef with some salt and pepper as it cooks. Drain off excess oil.
- Add onions, zucchini, mushrooms, and hot sauce (start with the lower amount and add more to taste as the soup cooks). Saute until onions are turning soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and kimchi and saute for 1 minute more.
- Pour stock and aminos over vegetables. Bring to a simmer. Simmer soup for 10 minutes to let flavors come together.
- When soup is finished, remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve soup with green onions on top. Add some extra kimchi and / or hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy!