Asian Meatball Stir-fry
with mushrooms / carrots / bell peppers
Smarts: Slice the meatballs into quarters before cooking so that they will heat up faster (and will be all the better if you're using chopsticks to eat them!).
- Bell peppers, any color - 2, thinly sliced
- Mushrooms, shiitake - 8 oz, sliced
- Turkey meatballs (leftover from Monday) - ~12, quartered
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, leaves torn
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Carrots - 5 oz, shredded (look for pre-shredded)
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Lemons, juice of - 1/2
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Sunflower seed butter - 1/4 cup (sub any nut butter)
- Coconut milk - 1/4 cup
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1/2 tsp
- Bell peppers / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce - Combine garlic, sunflower seed butter, coconut milk, aminos, lime juice, red pepper flakes, and vinegar. Blend with a standing blender or immersion blender until smooth. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms / Meatballs - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
- Heat a wok with oil over high heat. Add bell peppers, mushrooms, and carrots and saute until starting to turn tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add meatballs and coleslaw mix and continue cooking until coleslaw is tender but still has some crunch, ~2 minutes.
- Toss everything in sauce and continue cooking just until sauce is heated through.
- Top stir-fry with lemon juice and cilantro. Serve with some hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy!
really good, but could have used a bit more pop of flavor, it was a little bland.0 Helpful
I want to make this all the time0 Helpful
I loved this! Easy and very tasty0 Helpful
So quick and easy. Really nice use of leftover meatballs. Flavor didn’t wow me, but was pretty good.0 Helpful
Delicious “healthy” lo mein Used snap peas instead of snow, rice noodles because it’s what I had, and added cashews. Great left overs.0 Helpful
Tasted fine, quick to make but not super filling.0 Helpful