Hoisin Meatball Lo Mein
with mushrooms / carrots / snow peas
Smarts: Slice the meatballs into quarters before cooking so that they will heat up faster (and will be all the better if you're using chopsticks to eat them!).
- Mushrooms, shiitake - 8 oz, sliced
- Turkey meatballs (leftover from Monday) - ~12, quartered
- Noodles, lo mein - 8 oz (sub linguine or spaghetti)
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, leaves torn
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Snow peas - 6 oz
- Carrots - 5 oz, shredded (look for pre-shredded)
- Lemons, juice of - 1/2
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1/3 cup
- Hoisin sauce - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Cornstarch - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic - Chop garlic. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce - Whisk together garlic, water, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms / Meatballs - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Noodles - Cook noodles according to package directions. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
- Heat a wok with oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, snow peas, and carrots and saute until starting to turn tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add meatballs and sauce to wok and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce bubbles and thickens, ~2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add noodles. Toss everything to combine.
- Top lo mein with lemon juice and cilantro. Serve with some hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy!
really good, but could have used a bit more pop of flavor, it was a little bland.0 Helpful
I want to make this all the time0 Helpful
I loved this! Easy and very tasty0 Helpful
So quick and easy. Really nice use of leftover meatballs. Flavor didn’t wow me, but was pretty good.0 Helpful
Delicious “healthy” lo mein Used snap peas instead of snow, rice noodles because it’s what I had, and added cashews. Great left overs.0 Helpful
Tasted fine, quick to make but not super filling.0 Helpful