Vietnamese Shrimp Bowl
with green beans / carrot slaw
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup (be sure to get W30 / paleo approved version if needed)
- Lime juice - 1/2 tsp
- Fish sauce - 1/2 tsp (sub Bragg's / coconut aminos)
- Hot sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Coleslaw mix - 5 oz
- Carrots - 5 oz, shredded (look for pre-shredded)
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Cilantro - 1/2 bunch, leaves torn
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Mango - 10 oz
- Ice - 2 cups
- Make carrot slaw - Toss coleslaw mix and carrots in vinegar and toasted sesame oil. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and pat dry.
- Green beans - Trim green beans. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make Vietnamese mayo - Combine mayonnaise, lime juice (portion for mayo), fish sauce, and hot sauce. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Tear cilantro leaves.
- Make smoothie - Blend coconut milk, mango, and ice until smooth.
- Heat a wok with oil over medium-high heat. Add green beans and saute until starting to darken in spots, ~1 minute. Add water and cover with a lid. Steam until beans are tender, ~3 minutes.
- Remove lid and add shrimp. Saute until shrimp is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper as the shrimp cooks.
- Top green beans and shrimp with lime juice and toss with some hot sauce if you’d like.
- Season carrot slaw with some salt.
- Serve shrimp and green beans over slaw. Top with cilantro and Vietnamese mayo. Enjoy smoothie on the side.
Great flavors! Added cabbage to the pickles for extra veggies0 Helpful
Love it! Everyone ate it! The mayo and the green beans were amazing!0 Helpful
Excellent and so easy. I would make double the sauce as people wanted to dip so we quickly ran out. Very flavorful. Toasting the rolls is important for extra crunch.0 Helpful
Missed this one originally but came back to it as we had some freezer shrimp to use up. Loved it! Came together quickly and flavors were great, especially the green beans. Doubled the Mayo0 Helpful
Loved the green beans. I didn't have enough mayo, and the sandwiches were slightly boring without that.0 Helpful
Yummy veggie sandwiches. Tried to make pickled cucumbers with paleo dressing for the side and could have used much more rice vinegar. Yogurt, lime juice and coconut aminos was our yummy spread.0 Helpful