with orzo pasta / green beans
- Shallots - 2 cloves, diced
- Pasta, uncooked orzo - 1 1/2 cups
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Salmon fillets - 1 lb
- Flour - 4 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Stock, any type - 1 cup
- Wine, white - 1/2 cup (sub stock)
- Lemon juice - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Capers - 2 Tbsp, drained
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Green beans / Shallots - (If prepping before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pasta - Boil pasta according to package directions. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Parsley - Chop parsley. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and pat dry. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Prepare breading - Combine first portion of flour, salt, and pepper in a baking dish or shallow bowl.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss green beans with red pepper flakes, vinegar, oil (portion for green beans), and some salt and pepper. Spread out onto a sheet pan and roast until tender and brown in spots, ~20 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through cooking.
- While green beans roast, dredge salmon in flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil (portion for salmon) and then arrange fish in heated oil. (Note: Cook salmon in batches if the pan cannot hold all of the fish at one time.)
- Cook fish on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 10 minutes total, depending on thickness. Set salmon aside on a plate.
- Return to heated pan (if the pan looks dry, add a splash of oil) and add second portion of flour, shallots, and oregano. Saute until no dry spots of flour remain, ~2 minutes.
- Add stock, wine, lemon juice, and capers to the heated pan, scraping up any brown bits. Simmer sauce until it thickens, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir butter and parsley into sauce and add salmon back to pan, spooning sauce over top. Taste and season with some salt and pepper.
- If pasta was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve salmon and sauce over pasta with green beans on the side. Enjoy!
Quick and easy weeknight meal!0 Helpful
Incredible! Great flavor. Family loved it.0 Helpful
One of our top 10 or even 50 Helpful
I thought the shallot was a little overpowering in the sauce, might leave it out next time. Make sure if you’re using the Skinny green beans you reduce the temp and/or cooking time.0 Helpful
I burnt the coating a tiny bit, but it was still delicious! Could have used a little bit more sauce, but I squeezed on some extra lemon juice and that helped. Favorited!0 Helpful