with orzo pasta / green beans
- Shallots - 2 cloves, diced
- Pasta, uncooked orzo - 1 1/2 cups
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Salmon fillets - 1 lb
- Flour - 4 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Stock, any type - 1 cup
- Wine, white - 1/2 cup (sub stock)
- Lemon juice - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Capers - 2 Tbsp, drained
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Green beans / Shallots - (If prepping before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pasta - Boil pasta according to package directions. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Parsley - Chop parsley. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and pat dry. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Prepare breading - Combine first portion of flour, salt, and pepper in a baking dish or shallow bowl.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss green beans with red pepper flakes, vinegar, oil (portion for green beans), and some salt and pepper. Spread out onto a sheet pan and roast until tender and brown in spots, ~20 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through cooking.
- While green beans roast, dredge salmon in flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil (portion for salmon) and then arrange fish in heated oil. (Note: Cook salmon in batches if the pan cannot hold all of the fish at one time.)
- Cook fish on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 10 minutes total, depending on thickness. Set salmon aside on a plate.
- Return to heated pan (if the pan looks dry, add a splash of oil) and add second portion of flour, shallots, and oregano. Saute until no dry spots of flour remain, ~2 minutes.
- Add stock, wine, lemon juice, and capers to the heated pan, scraping up any brown bits. Simmer sauce until it thickens, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir butter and parsley into sauce and add salmon back to pan, spooning sauce over top. Taste and season with some salt and pepper.
- If pasta was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve salmon and sauce over pasta with green beans on the side. Enjoy!
Incredible! Great flavor. Family loved it.0 Helpful
One of our top 10 or even 50 Helpful
I thought the shallot was a little overpowering in the sauce, might leave it out next time. Make sure if you’re using the Skinny green beans you reduce the temp and/or cooking time.0 Helpful
I burnt the coating a tiny bit, but it was still delicious! Could have used a little bit more sauce, but I squeezed on some extra lemon juice and that helped. Favorited!0 Helpful
I liked the green beans. The sauce was only so-so for me.0 Helpful