Mediterranean Shrimp Saute
with kalamata olives / artichoke hearts / tomatoes / green beans
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Bell pepper, green - 1, chopped
- Bell pepper, red - 1, chopped
- Green beans - 1 lb, chopped
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Olives, Kalamata, pitted - 1 cup, sliced (sub any olives)
- Artichoke hearts, marinated in oil - 1 cup, chopped
- Tomatoes, diced and fire-roasted (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 3 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then bell peppers and green beans to heated oil. Saute until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, garlic, za’atar, and red pepper flakes and saute until shrimp is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, and vinegar and cook until everything is heated through.
- Squeeze lemon juice over top of shrimp and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve shrimp with parsley on top. Enjoy!
This was really good & gave us enough for leftovers! My husband and I are doing Whole30 and we desperately wanted something that wasn’t a salad or a hunk of meat with a side of veggies, and this fit the bill perfectly. I added sausage and cauliflower rice to help fill it out. If I were to make it again, I would use regular diced tomatoes instead of the fire roasted tomatoes (purely to satisfy my subjective tastes).0 Helpful
This wasn't bad. I couldn't find Za'tar at my Vons grocery so I had to look online to find out what herbs/spices to mix to replicate it.0 Helpful
I really appreciate the way cooksmarts helps me get outside my usual comfort zone and ruts. This is quite different than anything I would normally make and I really loved the combination of flavors and textures. I did the prep ahead of time, which made it really fast to put together the day of.0 Helpful
This was really yummy. It had a lot of flavor and was easy to make.0 Helpful
Really surprised I liked this. Very different than other meals we make, but liked the change of pace.0 Helpful
Quick easy and delicious. I forgot to top with parsley but there were so many other great flavors that I didn’t miss it. Without the shrimp this could be a great side dish too.0 Helpful