Mediterranean Shrimp and Quinoa Saute
with kalamata olives / artichoke hearts / feta
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Bell pepper, green - 1, chopped
- Bell pepper, red - 1, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Olives, Kalamata, pitted - 1/4 cup, sliced (sub any olives)
- Artichoke hearts, marinated in oil - 1 cup, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Quinoa, cooked (ingredients listed separately) - ~3 cups
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Cheese, feta - 3 oz, crumbled
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Quinoa, uncooked - 2/3 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/3 cup
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and pat dry. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Quinoa - Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Garlic / Parsley / Olives / Artichoke hearts - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then bell peppers to heated oil. Saute until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, garlic, za’atar, and red pepper flakes and saute until shrimp is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa, olives, artichoke hearts, and vinegar and cook just until everything is heated through.
- Season quinoa with some salt and pepper. (You can also add some more vinegar and / or red pepper flakes if you’d like.)
- Crumble feta over quinoa and top with lemon juice and parsley. Enjoy!
This wasn't bad. I couldn't find Za'tar at my Vons grocery so I had to look online to find out what herbs/spices to mix to replicate it.0 Helpful
I really appreciate the way cooksmarts helps me get outside my usual comfort zone and ruts. This is quite different than anything I would normally make and I really loved the combination of flavors and textures. I did the prep ahead of time, which made it really fast to put together the day of.0 Helpful
This was really yummy. It had a lot of flavor and was easy to make.0 Helpful
Really surprised I liked this. Very different than other meals we make, but liked the change of pace.0 Helpful
Quick easy and delicious. I forgot to top with parsley but there were so many other great flavors that I didn’t miss it. Without the shrimp this could be a great side dish too.0 Helpful
it was delicious and easy to make will definitely make in the future thanks cooksmarts0 Helpful