Mediterranean Shrimp and Couscous Saute
with kalamata olives / artichoke hearts / feta
Mediterranean Shrimp and Couscous Saute:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Bell pepper, green - 1 , chopped
- Bell pepper, red - 1 , chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Olives, Kalamata, pitted - 1/4 cup , sliced (sub any olives)
- Artichoke hearts, marinated in oil - 1 cup , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Couscous, cooked (ingredients listed separately) - ~3 cups
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Cheese, feta - 3 oz , crumbled
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups (sub water)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Couscous, uncooked - 1 cup
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and pat dry. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Make couscous - Combine stock, salt, and butter in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in couscous and cover with lid. Let stand for ~5 minutes before fluffing with a fork. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Garlic / Parsley / Olives / Artichoke hearts - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then bell peppers to heated oil. Saute until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, garlic, za’atar, and red pepper flakes and saute until shrimp is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in couscous, olives, artichoke hearts, and vinegar and cook just until everything is heated through.
- Season couscous with some salt and pepper. (You can also add some more vinegar and / or red pepper flakes if you’d like.)
- Crumble feta over couscous and top with lemon juice and parsley. Enjoy!