Herb Pork Chops
with Italian green salad
- Shallots - 1 clove , diced
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 3 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
Herb Pork Chops:
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Basil, dried - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Mustard, dried (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Pork chops, boneless or bone-in - 4
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
Green Salad with Olives and Avocados:
- Olives, Kalamata, pitted - 1/4 cup , sliced (sub any olives)
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup , halved
- Avocados - 1 , cubed
- Mixed greens - 6 oz
- Shallots / Olives - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - (Skip if made ahead for Monday.) Whisk together shallots, vinegar, and mustard. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Halve tomatoes. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Pork chops - Combine Italian seasoning, dried basil, salt, dried mustard, and pepper. Rub on all sides of pork chops. Tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Avocados - Cube avocados.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and sear on each side for ~3 minutes. For thin pork chops, this should be enough heat to cook them through. If you’re using thicker pork chops, lower heat and cover with a piece of foil until pork reaches 145F / 63C degrees.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss mixed greens with avocados, olives, tomatoes, and some of the vinaigrette. Add additional vinaigrette until salad is dressed to your liking.
- Serve pork with salad on the side. Enjoy!