Sweet Potato and Brussels Sprouts Hash
with fried eggs / garlic bread
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Baguette or ciabatta - 8 oz
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Cheese, parmesan, plus extra for serving - 2 Tbsp, grated
- Brussels sprouts - 1 lb, halved
- Shallots - 2 cloves, diced
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Roasted sweet potatoes (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Eggs - 4
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Turn on the oven’s broiler (use the low setting if available).
- Slice open baguette / ciabatta and place, cut-side up on a sheet pan.
- Heat a large skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Add brussels sprouts and shallots with a pinch of salt and saute until sprouts turn bright green.
- Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in leftover sweet potatoes and vinegar with a pinch of salt and stir everything to combine.
- Crack eggs over hash and cover skillet with a lid. Reduce heat to low-medium. Cook hash, covered, until eggs are cooked to your liking, ~6 minutes for runny yolks and ~9 minutes for firm yolks.
- While eggs are cooking, melt butter in the microwave until soft. Stir in garlic and parsley. If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt.
- Spread butter evenly over the top of the bread. Grate cheese on top. Broil bread until golden brown on the top, ~3 minutes. Watch it closely to prevent burning.
- Serve hash and eggs with some hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy garlic bread on the side.
I didn’t make the risotto, but the chicken was really delicious.0 Helpful
We love risotto, and I used a pre-marinated lemon pepper chicken so it was super easy to throw together. Kids loved it, too.0 Helpful
My husbands favorite lemon chicken :)0 Helpful
This looked like it was from a restaurant even though it was fairly simple to put together. Loved the crispy skin even though i tried not to eat too much of it. Risotto was great!0 Helpful
Definitely read through the recipe first because it’s a lot going on at the same time. Risotto turned out really well. The flavor of the chicken was great, I just don’t love bone-in chicken. Might try a different cut of chicken next time, but definitely will do again.0 Helpful
The lemon/brown sugar flavor of the chicken was a huge hit.0 Helpful