Lemon Roasted Chickenwith sweet potato and brussels sprouts hash
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on - 4
- Lemons - 1, thinly sliced
- Almond flour - 1/2 cup
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Thyme, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Brussels sprouts - 1 lb, halved
- Shallots - 2 cloves, diced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Roasted sweet potatoes (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Marinate chicken - Chop garlic. Combine garlic and lemon juice in a zip-top bag or baking dish. Add chicken and toss to coat in marinade. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Brussels sprouts / Shallots / Lemons - Prep as directed. Combine brussels sprouts and shallots. Store lemon slices separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Prep breading - Combine almond flour, paprika, thyme, and salt in a zip-top bag or bowl. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and toss in breading.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet with oil (portion for chicken) over medium heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and cook on one side until skin is crisp, ~8 minutes.
- When chicken skin is crisp, turn chicken so the skin is facing up. Top each piece of chicken with a lemon slice.
- Transfer skillet with chicken to the oven and roast until it reaches 165F / 74C, ~ 20 minutes.
- While chicken is roasting, heat a second skillet or wok with oil (portion for hash) over medium-high heat. Add brussels sprouts and shallots and saute until sprouts turn bright green. Add water with a pinch of salt and cover with a lid. Steam until brussels sprouts are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove lid from brussels sprouts and add in leftover sweet potatoes and vinegar. Saute everything together until vinegar is absorbed and vegetables are golden brown in spots.
- Season hash with some salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with hash on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 68 reviews
Definitely read through the recipe first because it’s a lot going on at the same time. Risotto turned out really well. The flavor of the chicken was great, I just don’t love bone-in chicken. Might try a different cut of chicken next time, but definitely will do again.
The lemon/brown sugar flavor of the chicken was a huge hit.
This chicken was amazing. Extremely tender and flavorful.
Paleo version was DELICIOUS. The chicken was so tasty. I will definitely make this again.
I particularly liked the rice!
The chicken was absolutely delicious. I added a touch of maple syrup to the brussels sprouts for some sweetness which I think did well.