Rotisserie Chicken Shawarma Lettuce Wraps
with cucumber and avocado salad
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, shredded
- Onions, red - 1/2, sliced
- Bell peppers, red - 2, diced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 8 oz, halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts, leaves peeled
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mint, fresh (opt) - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Cucumbers - 1 lb, diced
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds - 1/4 cup
- Rotisserie chicken - (Skip if chicken was shredded ahead for Tuesday.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife and fork or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mint / Garlic / Onions / Bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce / Cucumbers / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Make cucumber salad - Combine cucumber, avocados, mint, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil. Sprinkle pepitas on top.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil and then onions to heated oil. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add bell peppers with cumin, paprika, and oregano. Saute for 4 to 6 minutes, until peppers are slightly softened.
- Add chicken and saute for another 2 minutes, just to warm chicken up.
- Add vinegar and saute for another 30 seconds and remove from heat. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken and red peppers into lettuce leaves. Top with tomatoes and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Enjoy with cucumber and avocado salad on the side.
Delicious for everyone! I shredded my cucumber with a cheese grater for the Tzatziki—learned to do this from a Greek friend—and added lemon pepper instead of mint. I used garlic powder and didn’t have the problem of it being too garlicky. I love how easy this was as a way to use chicken leftovers.0 Helpful
Loved the halloumi / peppers / onions mix! I added the cherry tomatoes into the cooked mix too. Pleasant light flavor to that veggie / cheese mix -- could be used in so many ways! The tzatziki sauce was inedibly garlicky. Maybe use garlic powder or roast the garlic next time?0 Helpful
With a little prep this came together quickly. I did not like the tzatziki sauce though, much too garlic.0 Helpful
It was an easy, yummy, and pretty healthy meal! Will differently make again!0 Helpful
So easy and so delicious.0 Helpful
Really messy but super yummy!0 Helpful