Rotisserie Chicken Shawarma Lettuce Wraps
with cucumber and avocado salad
Rotisserie Chicken Shawarma Lettuce Wraps:
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2 , shredded
- Onions, red - 1/2 , sliced
- Bell peppers, red - 2 , diced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 8 oz , halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts , leaves peeled
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Cucumber and Avocado Salad:
- Mint, fresh (opt) - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Cucumbers - 1 lb , diced
- Avocados - 1 , cubed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds - 1/4 cup
- Rotisserie chicken - (Skip if chicken was shredded ahead for Tuesday.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife and fork or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mint / Garlic / Onions / Bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce / Cucumbers / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Make cucumber salad - Combine cucumber, avocados, mint, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil. Sprinkle pepitas on top.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil and then onions to heated oil. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add bell peppers with cumin, paprika, and oregano. Saute for 4 to 6 minutes, until peppers are slightly softened.
- Add chicken and saute for another 2 minutes, just to warm chicken up.
- Add vinegar and saute for another 30 seconds and remove from heat. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken and red peppers into lettuce leaves. Top with tomatoes and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Enjoy with cucumber and avocado salad on the side.