Rotisserie Chicken Shawarma Wrapswith tzatziki
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, shredded
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Onions, red - 1/2, sliced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 8 oz, halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart, sliced
- Flat breads or pitas - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Mint, fresh (opt) - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Rotisserie chicken - (Skip if chicken was shredded ahead for Tuesday.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife and fork or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lemons / Onions / Mint - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make tzatziki - Dice cucumbers and chop garlic. Combine cucumbers, garlic, mint, and yogurt. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toast flat breads or pitas on a sheet pan for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add oil and then onions to heated oil. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add chicken with cumin, paprika, and oregano. Saute for another 2 minutes, just to warm chicken up.
- Add vinegar and saute for another 30 seconds and remove from heat. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble wraps with chicken, tzatziki, tomatoes, lettuce, feta, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Drizzle remainder of tzatziki over tomatoes and lettuce that cannot fit into wraps and enjoy as a side salad!
This meal has 54 reviews
Loved the halloumi / peppers / onions mix! I added the cherry tomatoes into the cooked mix too. Pleasant light flavor to that veggie / cheese mix -- could be used in so many ways! The tzatziki sauce was inedibly garlicky. Maybe use garlic powder or roast the garlic next time?
With a little prep this came together quickly. I did not like the tzatziki sauce though, much too garlic.
It was an easy, yummy, and pretty healthy meal! Will differently make again!
So easy and so delicious.
Really messy but super yummy!
Fresh taste, perfect for hot summer days!