Rotisserie Chicken Shawarma Wraps
Rotisserie chicken gets added flavor from a spice blend in these quick, weeknight-friendly wraps that were first featured in 2017.
Rotisserie Chicken Shawarma Wraps:
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2 , shredded
- Lemons - 1 , wedges
- Onions, red - 1/2 , sliced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 8 oz , halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart , sliced
- Flat breads or pitas - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz , crumbled
- Mint, fresh (opt) - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Rotisserie chicken - (Skip if chicken was shredded ahead for Tuesday.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife and fork or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lemons / Onions / Mint - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make tzatziki - Dice cucumbers and chop garlic. Combine cucumbers, garlic, mint, and yogurt. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toast flat breads or pitas on a sheet pan for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add oil and then onions to heated oil. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add chicken with cumin, paprika, and oregano. Saute for another 2 minutes, just to warm chicken up.
- Add vinegar and saute for another 30 seconds and remove from heat. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble wraps with chicken, tzatziki, tomatoes, lettuce, feta, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Drizzle remainder of tzatziki over tomatoes and lettuce that cannot fit into wraps and enjoy as a side salad!